London: British Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh, is responding to treatment for an infection but is expected to stay in London hospital for several days, Buckingham Palace announced on Tuesday. Queen Elizabeth II’s husband, 99, was admitted to King Edward VII’s Hospital in central London last week and has spent seven nights there for treatment so far.
“The Duke of Edinburgh remains in King Edward VII Hospital where he is receiving medical treatment for an infection,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement. He is comfortable and responding to treatment, but he should not leave the hospital for several days, ”the statement said.
The exact reason for Prince Philip’s admission was not disclosed, but it had been confirmed earlier that it was not linked to the coronavirus. Earlier, the royal’s youngest son, Prince Edward the Earl of Wessex, told “Sky News” that he spoke to his father on the phone and that his father was doing “much better” a week after he was admitted to the hospital. the hospital.
“He’s doing a lot better, thank you very much, and he can’t wait to get out, which is the most positive thing. So we keep our fingers crossed, ”Prince Edward said. When asked if his father was frustrated with being in the hospital, Edward added, “Just a little! I think it touches us all, and then you can only look at the clock so many times. and the walls are so interesting. ” Over the weekend, Prince Philip’s eldest son Prince Charles was taken for a hospital visit. Dark-looking Charles, 72, was seen entering King Edward VII Hospital with a face mask on Saturday and his Clarence House office later said the Prince of Wales was then returned to his Highgrove residence in Gloucestershire, in the southwest of England. Under England’s current coronavirus lockdown rules, visiting someone in a hospital is considered a ‘reasonable excuse’ to leave their home, although visits are permitted on a case-by-case basis by most hospitals.
The Queen, 94, remains at Windsor Castle and performed her first face-to-face event of the year last Thursday, when she knighted a royal assistant in a private, social-distancing ceremony in her residence of south-east England in Berkshire. The Duke, who turns 100 in June, was admitted to the same London hospital as a “precautionary measure” for treatment of a “pre-existing condition” in December 2019. He spent four nights in hospital at the time.
Note: The content and images used in this article is rewritten and sourced from www.news18.com